Lake and Pond Aeration Systems and Fountains
At Clarke, we offer comprehensive fountain and aeration system services. From assessing and diagnosing lake and pond needs to sourcing top aeration equipment, installing turnkey plans and providing services, our team of experts work to provide the best possible solution at the right price. In total, Clarke provides:
To speak with one of our experts regarding your community's needs, contact us here.
What are the Benefits of having a Fountain or Aeration System in Your Pond?
You are most likely already familiar with the concept of having a fountain in your ponds or lakes for aesthetic purposes, but these systems also help create and maintain a body of water that's not pleasing to the eye, but healthy and functional. Fountains and aeration systems work to increase the amount of dissolved oxygen (DO) in waterbodies which is critical to improving the quality of water, as well as:
- Reduce organic sediment or muck
- Break down nutrients causing harmful plant growth and algae blooms
- Support aerobic digestion and oxidation
- Improve fish habitat
- Reduce midge and mosquito breeding
- Contribute to the visual aesthetic lake or pond
- Help increase property values
- Mitigate odors
- Support community satisfaction with the waterbody
What Types of Fountains & Aeration Systems are there?
Clarke's decades of experience paired with our partnership with top manufacturers of aeration equipment allows us to find the right solution at the right price for your waterbody – whether that’s a system that’s above or below the water surface. Plus, our teams support fountain and aeration customers with reliable service to give you the peace of mind you are looking for on maintenance and repairs.
Depending on your location and unique needs, types of fountains and aeration systems may include:
- Floating Fountains & Aerators - Fountains add beauty, appeal and value to your property, but also do a great job improving oxygen levels to enhance water quality and extend the natural life of your pond or lake. Fountains do need to be removed and winterized in cold-weather climates, a service that Clarke provides.
- Sub-Surface Aerators - Sub-surface aeration or diffuser systems help increase oxygen levels and circulate water from the bottom-up. Improved circulation prevents water stratification and contributes to overall water quality. It’s suitable for most water depths, but best for ponds and lakes with depths of 8 feet or more. These systems offer quiet operation and versatility in virtually any configuration. Even in cold-weather climates, sub-surface aerator systems can remain in your waterbody year-round.
- Deicers - For cold weather climates, deicers can prevent ice damage to permanent docks and create open water access for fish habitats. Deicers frequently attach to a dock and keep surface water circulating all winter to prevent freezing. Learn more about how deicing works and Clarke’s comprehensive approach to our wintertime clients here.