Conserve® Precision Lake Product Application
Precise, Targeted Product Application for Nuisance Plant Treatment in Lakes
A result of Clarke’s drive to optimize the health of water bodies with the least environmental impact possible, Conserve® is a proprietary technology delivering precise applications of aquatic herbicides, algaecides and other products used to control nuisance aquatic plants and algae. Utilizing GPS and sonar technology, the Conserve system pinpoints where applications are needed for control and then efficiently targets product placement into the water column based on the developed strategy which considers plant species, density, overall size and depth of targeted areas as well as water flow - providing the most efficacious outcomes while minimizing non-target impacts and eliminating product waste.
How the Conserve System Works
The Conserve process works in three phases:
- Survey and Mapping: Before any application, trained Clarke experts start with a detailed survey using traditional methods enhanced by GPS and sonar technology. This identifies the specific locations and growth densities of native species as well as problematic plant and algae growth for control strategizing.
- Precise Application of Product: After mapping and developing a strategy complete with product recommendations comes application. The chosen product is applied to the water column using depth deployment lines and metered application technology to ensure the appropriate amount of product reaches the target treatment area.
- Data and Comprehensive Reporting: All application data is captured in real-time via Conserve’s onboard technology. Following project completion, this data is then delivered in an electronic report that meets or exceeds State requirements including NPDES reporting stipulations.
How Does Conserve Benefit Your Body of Water?
With its technologically advanced mapping systems and precision application capabilities, the Conserve system provides:
- Detailed strategy development and implementation
- Optimized product usage and efficiency
- Decreased impact on non-target species such as native plants and wildlife
- Fast and responsive compliance reporting
Clarke brings years of experience to each body of water and lake group they work with. To learn more about the Conserve system or Clarke’s approach to enhancing your experience on your waterbody, send us a message or call us at (800) 323-5727.