Mosquito Control for Abatement Districts and Public Entities
Mosquito control is not just a "nice to have" public service that improves the comfort and livability of our communities. It’s a critical part of protecting public health from the threat of mosquito-borne diseases. And serving the greater good comes with increased responsibilities, including public and media scrutiny. Clarke has been in the public health mosquito control business since 1946, and we can help you.
Serving Mosquito Abatement and Government Organizations
Whether you’re looking for the benefits of a full-service, integrated mosquito management program, or seeking innovative products and equipment for your self-managed program, Clarke has just what you need. We work across all types of government and community organizations, including:
- Mosquito Abatement Districts. Clarke is privileged to serve and work closely with the majority of mosquito abatement districts in the U.S. Experts in their own right, these organizations focus strictly on mosquito control, and lean on Clarke for products, equipment and operational support.
- Municipalities, Public Health Departments, Local Governments. Municipalities and local government entities are where support and a focus on community come together for Clarke. As customers who most often wear many hats, they rely heavily on Clarke’s expertise, whether they manage their own programs or utilize our contract services.
- Military. Clarke is proud to be able to support our military forces with tailored solutions to meet their application and logistics needs.
- Ministries of Health & NGOs. On an international basis, we serve Ministries of Health and NGOs, primarily with products that help fight vector-borne disease. From our proprietary equipment and bed nets, to unique adulticide and larvicide formulations, we’re committed to helping communities around the world to be more livable, safe and comfortable.
Integrated Mosquito Management Services
Communities, abatement districs, public health departments and other governmental, tax-funded entities all across the country rely on integrated mosquito management to improve the comfort and quality of life for residents. Integrated mosquito management programs take a holistic approach to mosquito control and involve all of the following management strategies:
- Community education to earn support for overall mosquito control activities and engage residents in source reduction efforts on their own properties.
- Surveillance to monitor adult mosquito populations and detect the presence of arbovirus diseases like West Nile Virus, Eastern Equine Encephalitis or Zika.
- Survey and mapping of known mosquito breeding sites and treatment routes.
- Larval control treatments to prevent mosquito larvae from becoming biting adults.
- Adult mosquito control treatments to provide immediate relief from biting or disease-carrying adult populations.