Common Backyard Mosquito Treatment Service Questions
Interested in hiring Clarke to provide backyard mosquito control at your home? Here are some common service questions, answered!
- Where does Clarke provide backyard mosquito control services? Clarke provides residential mosquito services in communities located around our regional service centers. This gives us the ability to provide service in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Virginia, and Florida.
- How much do Clarke's backyard mosquito treatments cost? Treatment costs are calculated based on the size of your lot. Please use our Request a Free Estimate tool to receive a quote specific to your property. Residential services start at $49 per treatment for new customers with properties less than 1/2 acre within our standard service area.
- What mosquito control products does Clarke use? Clarke only uses EPA-registered insecticides designed for mosquito control and approved for use in residential settings. The active ingredient in the product we use is designed to mimic the insect-killing properties found naturally in chrysanthemum flowers.
- What type of mosquito treatments does Clarke offer? Residential or backyard mosquito services include a barrier application on the foliage and landscaping where adult mosquitoes harbor during the day. Barrier applications are intended to offer residual control, working for up to 21 days (product, dose, and weather dependent) to control mosquitoes who rest on treated surfaces. For large properties (over two acres), we may also include an adult ULV treatment. ULV treatments are done by mounting an ultra-low-volume sprayer to an ATV and spraying a fine mist of an EPA-registered insecticide into the air. The mist is made up of tiny droplets that move through the air in order to make contact with adult mosquitoes in-flight. This type of treatment is highly effective for quickly reducing down mosquito populations active at the time of the treatment, but it does not provide any extended control.
- Will Clarke spray my lawn for mosquitoes? No, Clarke backyard treatments for mosquito control do not include applications on lawns. A well-maintained lawn will not provide a resting, breeding or feeding source for mosquitoes. We focus our treatments on landscaping, arborvitaes, other shrubs and lower branches of tall trees where mosquitoes do rest.
- Will Clarke treat my garden for mosquitoes? No, Clarke will not treat your garden directly and you do not need to cover or harvest your garden areas prior to a treatment. Our licensed technicians will scout your property before applications begin to identify garden beds and other blooming plants to avoid.
- Will Clarke’s mosquito treatments also control ticks? Clarke’s backyard mosquito control treatments are not intended to control ticks. While the same product may be used for tick and mosquito control treatments, the application method and dose will be different to control each type of pest. Why? Mosquitoes are flying; ticks are crawling; AND they are a completely different type of insect, with a very different body size. Applications for ticks need to be made at ground-level where they crawl, and with significantly higher doses of product than required for adult mosquito control spraying.
- How long does it take for Clarke to treat a backyard for mosquito control? The size and nature of your property will determine the treatment time. The average suburban property takes about 10 to 15 minutes for treatment, but we do have customers with large properties that take up to one hour.
- How often should Clarke treat my backyard for mosquitos? Weekly treatments are recommended for optimal comfort and nuisance control.
- How does Clarke schedule backyard mosquito control services? Residential properties who opt for a season-long service program will be treated on a regular, recurring basis. Most residential properties are serviced Wednesday, Thursday or Friday by Clarke. We recommend weekly service for optimal outdoor comfort, but other options for treatment frequency are available. One-time, special event treatments are scheduled upon request. We encourage customers request a special event treatment at least one week in advance. This will allow our operations team to schedule application at a time that will deliver the most relief for your guests.
- Will Clarke perform backyard mosquito control treatments while it's raining? No, Clarke will not provide treatment while it is raining, but we will restart service shortly after the rain stops. Our crews are trained to stop treatments during rain and contact the supervisor for additional guidance. Weather always plays a factor in mosquito control and there may be times when inclement weather impacts Clarke’s ability to treat your property on your scheduled day. In that case, we will make every effort to re-schedule you the next day, weather permitting.
- How long should we wait to go back outside after a mosquito control treatment? According to the product label used by Clarke for backyard mosquito control treatments, people and pets can remain outdoors during the applications. If you choose to go indoors while Clarke applications are working on your property, the product will dry on treated surfaces in 15-30 minutes post application.
- Will Clarke mosquito control treatments eliminate all the mosquitoes? Backyard mosquito control applications will help significantly reduce mosquito populations around your home and improve outdoor comfort, but they will not eliminate mosquitoes completely. Mosquitoes have a flight range beyond your yard and new mosquitoes are routinely hatching off. Removing standing water around your property will help limit mosquito breeding and support keeping populations lower.
- What forms of payment do you accept? We accept all major credit cards and personal check.
- Do I need to be home when the service is being completed? No. Our crews will check in unless otherwise instructed. We'll leave a door tag notice or email verification upon completion.