Common Residential Mosquito Control Service Questions
Interested in hiring Clarke to provide mosquito control at your home? Here are some common service questions, answered!
- Where do you provide backyard mosquito control service? Clarke provides residential mosquito services in communities located around our regional service centers. This gives us the ability to provide service in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Virginia, and Florida.
- How much do your mosquito treatments cost? Treatment costs are calculated based on the size of your lot. Please use our Request a Free Estimate tool to receive a quote specific to your property. Residential services start at $49 / treatment for properties less than 1/2 acre within our standard service area.
- What mosquito control chemicals do your technicians spray? Clarke only uses EPA-registered insecticides designed for mosquito control and approved for use in residential settings. The active ingredient in the product we use is designed to mimic the insect-killing properties found naturally in chrysanthemum flowers.
- What type of mosquito treatments do you offer? Residential services include a barrier application on the foliage and landscaping where adult mosquitoes harbor during the day. Barrier applications are intended to offer residual control, working for up to 21 days (product, dose, and weather dependent) to control mosquitoes who rest on treated surfaces. For large properties (over two acres), we may also include an adult ULV treatment. ULV treatments are done by mounting an ultra-low-volume sprayer to an ATV and spraying a fine mist of an EPA-registered insecticide into the air. The mist is made up of tiny droplets that move through the air in order to make contact with adult mosquitoes in-flight. This type of treatment is highly effective for quickly taking down mosquito populations, but it does not provide any extended control.
- How long does a backyard mosquito control treatment take to apply? The size and nature of your property will determine the treatment time. The average suburban property takes about 10 to 15 minutes for treatment, but we do have customers with large properties that take up to one hour.
- How long does the residential mosquito treatment last? Weekly treatments are recommended for optimal comfort and nuisance control.
- How does scheduling work for backyard mosquito control services? Residential properties who opt for a season-long service program will be treated on a regular, recurring basis. We recommend weekly service for optimal outdoor comfort, but other options for treatment frequency are available. One-time, special event treatments are scheduled upon request. We encourage customers request a special event treatment at least one week in advance. This will allow our operations team to schedule application at a time that will deliver the most relief for your guests.
- What happens if it rains during or after a mosquito control treatment? In accordance with product label guidelines, Clarke does not perform mosquito control treatments during a steady rain event. However, there may be times when we do treat a property on the same day you receive heavy rain. If you feel a rain event has compromised the efficacy of a mosquito control application, please contact our Customer Care team to discuss scheduling a re-treatment.
- What forms of payment do you accept? We accept all major credit cards and personal check.
- Do I need to be home when the service is being completed? No. Our crews will check in unless otherwise instructed. We'll leave a door tag notice or email verification upon completion.