Common Residential Mosquito Control Service Questions
Interested in hiring Clarke to provide mosquito control at your home? Here are some common service questions, answered!
- Where do you provide service? Clarke provides residential mosquito services in communities located around our regional service centers. This gives us the ability to provide service in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Virginia, and Florida. See a map of our service areas here.
- How much do treatments cost? Treatment costs are calculated based on the size of your lot. Please use our Request a Free Estimate tool to receive a quote for your property.
- What do your technicians spray? Clarke only uses EPA-registered insecticides designed for mosquito control and approved for use in residential settings. The active ingredient in the product we use is designed to mimic the insect-killing properties found in chrysanthemum flowers.
- What type of treatments do you offer? Residential service includes a barrier application on the foliage and hard surfaces where adult mosquitoes harbor. For large properties (over two acres), we also include an adulticide treatment. This product is applied through an ultra-low-volume spray nozzle and delivers a fine mist of droplets that make contact with adult mosquitoes in-flight.
- How long does the treatment take to apply? The size and nature of your property will determine the treatment time. The average suburban property takes about 10 to 15 minutes for treatment, but we do have customers with large properties that take up to one hour.
- How long does the treatment last? Weekly treatments are recommended for optimal comfort and nuisance control.
- How does scheduling work? Residential properties who opt for a season-long service program will be treated on a recurring basis (weekly is recommended but other options for frequency are available). For one-time, special event treatments, we recommend our residential customers request a special event treatment at least one week in advance. This will allow our operations team to schedule application at a time that will deliver the most relief for your guests.
- What happens if it rains during or after a mosquito control treatment? In accordance with product label guidelines, Clarke does not perform mosquito control treatments during a steady rain event. However, there may be times when we do treat a property on the same day you receive heavy rain. If you feel a rain event has compromised the efficacy of a mosquito control application, please contact our Customer Care team to discuss scheduling a re-treatment.
- What forms of payment do you accept? We accept all major credit cards and personal check.
- Do I need to be home when the service is being completed? No. Our crews will check in unless otherwise instructed. We'll leave a door tag notice or email verification upon completion.