Looking for more sustainable mosquito control?
Want more information about EarthRight for your community
Just send us your email address...
EarthRight™ The most sustainable public health solution for effective community mosquito control
EarthRight signals what is truly a groundbreaking municipal public health service by using only
products made from naturally-derived active ingredients – along with inventive and earth-friendly
application methods including bicycles and all-electric sprayers. It's the reason we say EarthRight
is designed to "Love the Earth. Not mosquitoes."
Sustainable Design Products
EarthRight employs a unique pairing of two EPA-registered products –Natular
larvicide and Merus™ adulticide– to give communities the most sustainable
choice available for effective mosquito control.
Natular received the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Presidential
Green Chemistry Challenge Award in 2010, and was the first
"Reduced Risk" larvicide that the EPA registered. This classification recognizes
new pesticides with more favorable human safety and environmental
impact profiles than current alternatives. Natular has the first new active
ingredient for a chemical larvicide in nearly three decades and is effective
at use rate two to 10 times lower than traditional synthetic products.
EarthRight is the industry's first and only service that uses products that are
Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) Listed® for use in and around
organic gardens and farms. Merus, with an active ingredient derived from chrysanthemum
flowers, is the first OMRI Listed adulticide for wide-area mosquito control.
Earth Friendly Energy Saving
EarthRight's targeted, earth-friendly application methods help reduce
emissions... Lessening a community's carbon footprint and environmental
- Taking full advantage of GPS technology to efficiently route field technicians to monitor breeding sites and treatment locations
- Mobilizing Toyota hybrid Prius cars for crew transportation and bicycles for the application of larvicide in catch basins
- Using electric, instead of gas-powered, Ultra Low Volume (ULV) adulticide applicators carried on smaller, more energy-efficient trucks for night-time treatments
- Minimizing impact on hard-to-reach sensitive environments via helicopter applications
EarthRight is a very real and visible public service that demonstrates a more sustainable solution is
available, even for effective mosquito control.
- Clarke supports communities' stewardship efforts by complementing existing sustainableprograms or providing a starting point for "green" initiatives.
- EarthRight offers improved community connections. We'll work with you to create messages and updates that can help you educate residents on how to reduce mosquito populations and to understand the environmental and community health benefits EarthRight provides.
- An EarthRight toolkit is available with communication support materials for your use, including website and newsletter copy, press releases, video and even community posters.