Our 2017 sustainability report is our eighth annual report dedicated to sharing the initiatives and activities that are driving progress towards achieving Clarke’s 2020 Sustainability Goals. The theme of this year’s book is “Building On,” which reflects the great pride we take in our sustainability journey, and celebrates the completed construction of the “Flourishing Garden,” our new operations and service center in Roselle, IL. The transformation at this location has been truly remarkable. What was once an old and cramped farm house is now a bustling and lively command center where we can work, learn, teach, grow and flourish.
As I reflect back on 2017, I am struck by a few other compelling key figures:
- 2: We provided emergency response support in the aftermaths of both Hurricane Harvey and Irma, delivering mosquito control services that delivered relief and more manageable working conditions to first responders and residents alike.
- 3: Our product delivery teams launched or readied three Green Chemistry or OMRI Listed products for market.
- 11: The organization’s carbon emissions went down 11% compared to the prior year.
- 13: On-site renewable energy systems across the Clarke operational footprint contributed 13% of our total energy requirements.
- 100: A goal nearly four years in the making, we successfully achieved treating 100% of catch basins in Illinois by bicycle instead of car.
The 2017 report includes so many amazing stories about the men and woman of Clarke, and we are very excited to share it with you. We continue to learn more every year – from our coworkers, customers, communities and countless partners. And while we recognize there will always be more work to do on this journey, we are grateful for the opportunity to share this report with you. We hope you enjoy reading it as much as we did building it. Download a copy here.