In 1946, my father and grandfather started Clarke Mosquito Control with one truck, one sprayer, one formulation. From a garage in Riverside, Illinois, they began offering mosquito control services to local municipalities around Chicago.
After 75 years in business, Clarke has:
- Grown from a single employee to nearly 200 full-time coworkers.
- Added 16 locations around the world.
- Expanded our product portfolio from a single generic product to 23 proprietary formulations, including our line of Natular larvicides and adulticides like Duet, Duet HD, and Merus, along with Cielo, the first new mode of action space spray introduced in 30 years for international markets.
- Embraced viewing all our work through the lens of sustainability, established sustainability goals to reduce our organizational impact, and published 9 sustainability reports to share our progress
- Developed EarthRight, the most sustainable mosquito control service program available for communities, using all products approved for use in organic farms and reduced carbon footprint application methods
- Extended the scope and geographic reach of our aquatic management services, recognizing the health and quality of water is directly linked to the well-being of people, pets, and the planet.
- Formed the Clarke Cares Foundation, a 501(c)3 charitable organization, to save lives and reduce suffering from mosquito and water-borne illnesses for those with critical needs around the world.
Yet, our mission is the same…to help communities around the world become more livable, safe, and comfortable. And to create products and services where public health meets public preference.
We’re not doing this work alone. We share it with our partners, like Biogents, Central Life Sciences, Frontier Precision, and Buffalo Turbine, and certainly with our customers, who are on the front lines of public health service for thousands of communities. In our 75th year of business, we celebrate our rich history and thank you for allowing us to continue supporting public health mosquito control and aquatics management programs with Clarke products, services, and technology.
J. Lyell Clarke and all Clarke Coworkers